Monday 21 March 2016

The Power of Praying Friends.

Happy Monday Loves!

Let's grab hold of the week with both hands and conquer it.
Source
So it may or may not (depending on who you are) surprise you to hear that I do not have a #Squad I have a group of amazing sisters and friends. Remember I mentioned them in my As Easy As Apple Pie post? We don't go around saying #YouCantSitWithUs. On the contrary, grab several seats, invite your friends too.lol. We're not out getting #Turnt every weekend because we're #NotAboutThatLife but it does #GoDownInTheDM (or our whatsapp groups) and it's #Lit everytime we link up. Our #Goals are to be more like Christ and we strive to Stay in His lane in all that we do.

These people have their prayer lives #OnFleek. And for that reason, they are my second point of call (after God of course) when I'm in need. They are ready to go into spiritual warfare with me and it is for that reason that I have dubbed them my "Prayer warriors". They've been with me through some amazing situations as well as some pretty tough ones, praying through them all and I'm eternally grateful to them. Don't get me wrong, they are far from perfect (as am I) each struggling with their own things and facing this world of sin each day as it comes. What I love is that they serve a perfect God and each have a personal, unique relationship with their heavenly father. Could you ask for better people to surround yourself with?

I in turn have vowed to pray for them (and encourage) day by day and cover them in prayer. They are on my prayer list; I pray for them, their families, their careers/studies, their friends and relationships, their hopes, dreams and fears. In other words, I try to do my part as a christian friend who not only takes, but gives back into the relationship as we should all do. Our example of the perfect friend was Christ Himself who gave Himself for His friends (John 15:13) and that is what we should all aspire to. Well not the sacrifice bit, but you get what I'm saying right?
I've been reading a book called "The power of a praying woman" by Stormie Ormartian who is also the author of "the power of a praying wife" that instructs you to not forget to pray for yourself and to continue to work on the most important relationship in your life, your's and God's. While making notes on it the one day, it crossed my mind how important it is to pray for your friends. I also shared a post on Facebook (picture shown) to the same effect. Granted you may already do that, but how deep do you go? How much do you know? Do you lay them down at God's feet or is your friendship just for show?

Scripture has lots of examples of great friendships that were based in a shared love of God and those are the ones that flourished. Think back to God's friendship with Abraham (2 Chronicles 20:7; Isaiah 41:8; James 2:23) and the promises he made to him; David and Jonathan (1 Samuel 18-20) even when Jonathan's father was hunting David; Ruth and Naomi (The book of Ruth ) who were not only friend but mother- and daughter-in-law connected by trying circumstances; Jesus and Peter who showed us what it means to make mistakes and be forgiven over and over: and so many more! If the Bible shows us all these examples, who are we to disobey and think up our own mold of friendship? There are so many verses on how to pick and treat our friends, on how important our friendships are and on examples of friendships in the Bible. You can check them out here. You can't go wrong with the Bible as your guide.

So to my people, in case you don't think I say it enough, Thank you for what you do and for who you are! God definitely gave me you.

Who are your friends and are they speaking blessings into your life? Are you doing the same for them? #SeeYourLife

Bisous
x

P.S Check out my Instagram here if you haven't seen it already. It's a love letter to my people (work in progress)

6 comments:

  1. I love you Mwape!!
    This is lovely☺
    Continue being a blessing. God loves you hey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Mwape!!
    This is lovely☺
    Continue being a blessing. God loves you hey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome my love! God loves you tooπŸ˜™

      Delete
  3. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6
    We all have purpose and we live to fulfill it. Prayer should be central in any believer's life and not just prayer for self as you rightly pointed out but also prayer for others because, well, we are to love not ourselves first but to love other as our selves. Praying for others is a great act of love and extends to leg the of deep friendship. Friendship is not about squads and squad goals, I mean imagine if Jesus had a squad, no one would be allowed to hang out with the Jesus squad because we wouldn't be cool enough or smart enough or even carpenter enough hahaha.
    Even Cicero talks about friendship that goes beyond mere companionship.
    I love this post, thanks for sharing it twin!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6
      We all have purpose and we live to fulfill it. Prayer should be central in any believer's life and not just prayer for self as you rightly pointed out but also prayer for others because, well, we are to love not ourselves first but to love others as our selves. Praying for others is a great act of love and extends to greater depth of friendship. Friendship is not about squads and squad goals, I mean imagine if Jesus had a squad, no one would be allowed to hang out with the Jesus squad because we wouldn't be cool enough or smart enough or even carpenter enough hahaha.
      Even Cicero talks about friendship that goes beyond mere companionship.
      I love this post, thanks for sharing it twin!!

      Delete
    2. Twin! Your comment hits the nail on the head hey! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and enlightening me. Lol at your Jesus joke!

      Delete

Let me know what you think :)