Tuesday 5 January 2016

Celebrations!

*in happy birthday tune*
Bon Anniversaire
Bon Anniversaire
Bon Anni....ver...saire
Bon Anniversaire!

Yes yes...It's that time people! *jumps up and down excitedly*
This weekend was packed full of things to celebrate. Can I get a whoop whoop?!
On Friday we rang in the New Year! *fireworks go off*  Saturday my hair turned TWO!! And Sunday my blog turned ONE!!! 

I'm ecstatic. To top it all off I got to a thousand views! A thousand!!! Who'd have thought that when I started this at the beginning of the year, talking about how I want to share my thoughts with the world, that I'd get here? My absolute favorite thing is when I meet people and they tell me they were reading a post i put up.Thank you so so much for the support guys!  Couldn't have done it without you. I hope to post much much more this year, stay consistent(all things permitting) and grow into my own as a blogger.


To celebrate my #Napversary and second year on the Healthy Hair Journey I gave my hair a much needed trim. Okay, maybe a little more than a trim #ScissorsHappy. But you know what I'm like. I'd take a selfie but my hair is deep conditioning right now so I'll put up a few throw backs. I must admit that I got a little busy (read lazy) and neglected my hair a little which set me back. Hence my need for the major trim. But I'm giving it lots of TLC and as always, it'll grow. My hair goal for 2016 is to get fuller, healthier hair, maybe I'll do another Castor Oil Challenge and I'm hoping to retain a lot more length this way. I've had my hair out for the month and because of my hand-in-hair syndrome I don't think I've retained as much as I should have so to protective styling and good hair practices I go.
My current hair crush is my cousin and curlfriend Musonda of Valani Style. She transitioned rather than going full on Big Chop and has the most gorgeous crown now. I'll talk about Valani and other designs I love in a Zambian designers post soon.

  



Well, all in all 2016 has gotten off to a good start. God has come through in so many unimaginable ways already and I can't even begin to fathom what he has in store for me, and all of you.

Bisous!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think :)